Child rights and protection
The 20-th of November – the Universal children's day
The concept of human rights
- HUMAN RIGHTS ARE GIVEN TOUS FROM BIRTH
- THE STATE CAN ONLY CONSOLIDATE AND ENSURE THEIR IMPLEMENTATION
- Human rights - rights that are necessary for a full life
Adopted by resolution 44/25 of the General Assembly of the UN on 20 November 1989.
THE UN CONVENTION
ON THE RIGHTS OF THE CHILD
The CONVENTION is a document that must be strictly obeyed by those who signed it.
- Children are more vulnerable than adults to the conditions of life.
- Children are more affected by the action or inaction of governments.
- Children are particularly vulnerable to exploitation and abuse.
- Children don't vote, have political and economic influence. Too often their voices are not heard.
- This was the basis for the development of an instrument aimed at ensuring children's rights on the Ground.
Include 3 group of rights :
-the right to life
-the right to development
-the right to protection
THE UN CONVENTION ON THE RIGHTS OF THE CHILD
Signed by Russia in 1990, calls the child a person under 18 years
Documents reflecting children's rights
REMEMBER, USING HIS RIGHTS, WE SHOULD RESPECT THE RIGHTS OF OTHERS!