Focus on phonetics
- Chin, oval, stepson, eye, mustache, handsome,
- tall, straight, before, invent, portrait, head,
- nickname, predict, mouth, body.
Match these words with their meanings:
1. It is used for breathing and smelling. eyes
2. This grows under a man's nose. lips
3. It grows on a person's head. a beard
4. People wear these to help them see better. an ear
5. This grows on a man's chin. a mustache
6. The organ of hearing. a nose
7. A pair of organs of sight. hair
8. We can use them for kissing. spectacles
- He is old.
- He is middle aged, about forty.
- He is young.
- He is tall.
- He is short.
- He is normal height.
- She is slim.
- She is fat.
- black hair
- blonde/fair hair
- brown hair
- grey hair
- red hair
Type of hair
- She has got long straight black hair.
- or Her hair is long straight and black.
- She has got short straight black hair.
- or Her hair is short straight and black
- He has no hair. = He is bold.
- She has got medium length, curly and blondehair.
- or Her hair is medium length, curlyandblonde.
- Her face is oval.
- or She has got an oval face.
- He face is round.
- or She has got a round face.
- grey eyes
- blue eyes
- green eyes
- dark eyes
- Note !
- This is a black eye.
- T. - I think, she is fat.
- P. - No, not at all,
- she is slim.
- He hasn't got …
- He has got …
Feel the difference
- What does he look like?
- Как он выглядит?
- Who does he look like?
- На кого он похож?
Who does he/she look like?
- Liza looks like her mother
- because she has…
- And her mother has… too.
Маслыко Е. А Настольная книга преподавателя иностранного языка. – Минск: Высшая школа, 2004.